you said move on, where do i go?


profile

the muti-talented girl whose life revolves around her friends and family, good food, great talks, creative works, booty-shaking music and funky dance moves - I have a life, and lives it to the fullest."

tagboard

find me




friends
1L 2B Adam Aishah Ameera Dee Josh Jeanie Kasmi Poots Sandeep Senget Sha Shantelle Shima Siti Nuraini Waty

thanks
© * étoile filante
inspiration/colours: mintyapple
icons: cablelines
reference: x / x

past
♥ May 2005
♥ June 2005
♥ July 2005
♥ August 2005
♥ September 2005
♥ October 2005
♥ November 2005
♥ December 2005
♥ January 2006
♥ February 2006
♥ May 2006
♥ July 2006
♥ October 2006
♥ December 2006
♥ January 2007
♥ February 2007
♥ March 2007
♥ April 2007
♥ May 2007
♥ June 2007
♥ July 2007
♥ August 2007
♥ September 2007
♥ November 2007
♥ December 2007
♥ January 2008
♥ February 2008
♥ March 2008
♥ April 2008
♥ May 2008
♥ July 2008
♥ August 2008
♥ September 2008
♥ October 2008
♥ November 2008
♥ December 2008
♥ January 2009
♥ February 2009
♥ March 2009
♥ April 2009
♥ May 2009
♥ June 2009
♥ July 2009
♥ August 2009
♥ September 2009
♥ October 2009
♥ November 2009
♥ December 2009
♥ January 2010
♥ February 2010
♥ March 2010
♥ April 2010
♥ May 2010
♥ June 2010
♥ July 2010
♥ August 2010
title: does religion burn the fuel of hate?
date: Wednesday, August 04, 2010
time:12:35 AM


In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil," a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.


The Dove World Outreach Center says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and take a stand against Islam. With promotions on its website and Facebook page, it invites Christians to burn the Muslim holy book at the church from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.


I don't know if I should take it as an insult or just a joke. The way people look at my religion has all changed, after a group of guys, decide to fly into the twin towers. It just takes a handful of people, to hate a religion. Its sad to know that "the religion of peace", is being labelled as - the religion of the devil.


I was taught, since i was young that Islam is a religion of peace and cleanliness - and that is how i still look at it. So for a Pastor to come and shout out that my religion is of the devil, then that is just a lil insulting.


I'm not saying that I hate Christianity, cause

I DON'T - cause i respect them as a religion.


I graduated from a Christian Secondary School and they have taught us better things than that.


I just think that if they really wanna make their voice heard, then maybe they shouldn't burn a sacred book. That is just my opinion, and I'm not speaking on anyone's behalf, cause to me, if i don't say anything or voice this out then i'm just being a coward-less muslim, who is afraid to stand up for what she believes in.